Roehampton Business School
University of Roehampton
London SW15 5PU
André Slowak conducts multidisciplinary research on global innovation & sustainability. He frequently works with international scholars, collaborates with industry consortia and collects country-comparative data. André has also led various joint studies with multinational corporations and business consultancies, and gained experience from UK, Germany, Eastern Europe, Canada, China, India and Japan.
His findings are presented at international conferences, amongst others, European Meeting on Applied Evolutionary Economics; Academy of Management; British Academy of Management; European Academy of Management; UK Regional Studies Association; as well as industry congresses e.g., Electronics Goes Green.
André features about 10 years of experience in directing international business and management curricula, has supervised PhD students and led international postgraduate programme teams in the UK and in Germany. He advocates action-based pedagogy and a balance of theory and uncharted empirics inquiry from practice. Students as learning producers apply rigorous and imaginative academic thinking to contemporary global challenges, such as, climate change, human robotics or rise of megacities. Prior to his academic career, André worked as banker (investment banking, estates, retail) and management projects consultant.
André holds a PhD in Business Studies & Economics from the University of Hohenheim at Stuttgart, and a double degree corresponding to MBA and MSc from TU Dortmund University. He is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
Please approach me if interested in collaboration:
- Empirical research in India
- Environmental sustainability topics from heterodox economics and circular business models design perspective
- Literature meta reviews around sustainability using big data and unorthodox methods such as social network analysis or text tonality analysis
- Data analytics AI and software agents to drive portfolio growth, student experience and student outcome metrics in HE
- PhD supervision on topics with cross-country comparative study designs